Antimatter Games is looking for an experienced Graphics and Engine programmer to join our team on a long-term basis. This is a role that we are willing to consider filling either with a long-term remote contractor or with a permanent member of on-site staff (based on the needs of individual applicants). We recently released our latest title, Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, and are looking to fill this role as part of our growth for upcoming projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess and solve performance and memory issues in an existing codebase
- Analyse, refactor, and improve existing core technology and tools
- Implement new graphics and lighting solutions into existing engines, for example: new versions of DirectX, new lighting and rendering systems, and so on
- Serve as a technical expert on topics such as graphics, optimization, multithreaded programming, and hardware capabilities
- Research and develop new graphics technology and tools for our developers
- Investigate and understand pre-existing codebases, and improve them
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- BSc in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- One or more shipped PC titles, with an engine or graphics credit
- Proactive, autonomous and self-motivating
- Strong communication skills
- Significant experience with DirectX API, modern rendering techniques etc
- Unreal engine/graphics programming experience
- Cross-platform (PC, Xbox, PS) development
- Experience with build systems
- Experience with Agile software development
We are Cornwall’s largest game development studio. Based in Falmouth, Cornwall, our team works to create exciting and innovative video games!
We were born from the team who made Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s 2013 ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, have worked with 2K and Turtle Rock Studios on assets for Evolve, and have worked on the stellar Killing Floor games, as well as a number of outsourced work for other major publishers. We are currently in full development of Rising Storm 2: Vietnam for our publisher Tripwire Interactive.
We offer a range of services, from 3D art and animation, to video production, level design and full game development. We’re always looking for new ways to expand and grow as a business and as a studio – there’s an exciting future here for AMG, and we can’t wait to be a part of it.
Living in Cornwall: this position is an exciting and unique opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful, idyllic places ‘by the sea’ in the UK – where the cost of living is relatively low – and help lead an already talented team to greater success.
Falmouth is home to our studio and has been voted one of the top places to live in the whole of the UK, loved for it’s vibrant, arty & creative atmosphere, with lots of events being held throughout the year.
On weekends and evenings our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beach combing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera.
We also have good coffee!
Apply for this role online here.