Junior / Intermediate Level Designer (IN-HOUSE)
Antimatter Games is looking for a talented Level Designer with a minimum of 2 Years’ industry experience to join our team for work on Rising Storm 2 and future projects on-site with us in our Cornwall office. We offer stability and excellent long-term prospects working in a beautiful part of the UK.
At Antimatter, our workflow is very organic, so you’ll be expected to interact heavily with the programming, design and art teams as well as with other Level Designers. We’re looking for candidates who wants to be part of a team and make meaningful contributions to how our games look and feel.
- Creating levels from the beginning to end (Whitebox/Blockout through to final set dressing, lighting and bug fixing)
- Creating Design Documents that effectively communicate plans for levels, areas, and gameplay features using a mixture of images and text
- Contributing to the studio’s internal dialogues on various design issues, and giving feedback and suggestions to other Level Designers on their work.
- Credit on at least one released 3D game title on PC or Console
- Demonstrable knowledge of level design, pacing and gameplay flow
- Demonstrable knowledge of composition, lighting and set dressing
- 2+ years industry experience in Level Design, specific to PC Games or Console
- Playable levels that can be shown as part of Portfolio (Mod, Custom Maps, Released Game)
- Strong team working skills
- Proactive communicator
- Experience with Unreal Engine / UDK
- Experience with multiplayer action games
- Knowledge of 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent
- Knowledge of other game development skillsets like basic programming, 2D art, etc
We are Cornwall’s largest game development studio. Based in Falmouth, Cornwall, our team works to create exciting and innovative video games!
We were born from the team who made Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s 2013 ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, which released earlier this year. We have also worked on the Killing Floor games, as well as work for other major publishers.
Living in Cornwall: this position is an exciting and unique opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful, idyllic places by the sea in the UK – where the cost of living is relatively low – and be part of an already talented team on our way to even greater success.
Falmouth is home to our studio and has been voted one of the top places to live in the whole of the UK, loved for its vibrant, arty & creative atmosphere, with lots of events being held throughout the year.
On weekends and evenings our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beach combing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera.
We also have good coffee!
Rate of pay will be commensurate with experience. To apply complete the application form and include with your CV and portfolio link here.