Lead Level Designer
Lead and develop our team of level designers. Plan, define, track and communicate the schedule for the team; work with Production to organise the level design workflow and planning. Manage, train and mentor team members, and be the key stakeholder in the level design of the project.
- Prioritise, plan and organize the work of the level design team in conjunction with Production
- Assess, identify and manage risks within the schedule
- Communicate project objectives and general information to the level design team
- Participate in the decision-making process with the Game Design Team and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the level design team meets and exceeds expectations
- Review and give feedback on level design content to ensure that it conforms with the design vision and the core mechanics of the game
- Review and deliver work based on deadlines
- Communicate with Production on the progress of work and raise issues before they impact on the schedule.Participate in the hiring process to recruit talent for the level design team
- Make sure new staff in the team are supported, get settled into the company and introduced to process and the project effectively
Skills and Knowledge:
- A passion for games and an interest in creating innovative, fun gameplay
- Excellent communication skills and organisational abilities
- A calm and logical approach to challenges and uncertainty
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for ongoing learning and self-development
- Exceptional level design skill both creatively and technically
- Working experience as a Level Designer on at least two published PC/console titles
- Extensive experience using level editing tools
- Extensive experience using node-based visual script logic
- Experience supervising a level design team, or part of a team, and mentoring more junior staff
We are Cornwall’s largest game development studio. Based in Falmouth, Cornwall, our team works to create exciting and innovative video games!
We were born from the team who made Rising Storm, PC Gamer’s 2013 ‘Multiplayer Game of the Year’, and Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, which released earlier this year. We have also worked on the Killing Floor games, as well as work for other major publishers.
Living in Cornwall: this position is an exciting and unique opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful, idyllic places by the sea in the UK – where the cost of living is relatively low – and be part of an already talented team on our way to even greater success.
Falmouth is home to our studio and has been voted one of the top places to live in the whole of the UK, loved for its vibrant, arty & creative atmosphere, with lots of events being held throughout the year.
On weekends and evenings our team can be found cycling, surfing, kayaking, swimming, beach combing, walking, enjoying live music or capturing beautiful sights by camera.
We also have good coffee!
Rate of pay will be commensurate with experience. To apply complete the application form and include with your CV and portfolio link here.